Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Wheat seeding date impacts yields
Wheat seeding date can play a major role in impacting yields come harvest. A new study by Robert Klein and Cody Creech on this topic is available on CropWatch.
NWB re-elects chair and vice chair
Brent Robertson of Elsie and Bob Delsing of Hemingford were recently re-elected chair and vice chair respectively. More information can be found here:Robertson and Delsing elected Chair and Vicechair of Nebraska Wheat Board
Market Facilitation Program
Fall Seed Guide Available
The new fall seed guide from UNL is now available. A copy can be found online here.
National wheat statement on trade tariffs and $12 billion aid package
Half of Nebraska wheat and half of the U.S. wheat crop is exported annually. U.S. wheat producers depend on trade. Both the National Association of Wheat Growers and U.S. Wheat Associates issued a statement regarding the announcement of $12 billion in aid to U.S. farmers in response to farm losses due to the tariffs. That statement can be found here.
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2018 wheat variety testing and fall seed guide.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Learn more about pest management in wheat here.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat