Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Wheat harvest is nearly complete, with most remaining fields located in the Panhandle. More info is available in the latest crop report: Nebraska Wheat crop report 08-12-19
NWB Board meeting
The next NWB board meeting will be held in Ogallala, NE on Wednesday, August 14 and Thursday, August 15, 2019. Additional details on the meeting can be found in the meeting announcement: NWB announces August meeting
NWGA Annual Golf Tournament
The NWGA golf tournament will be held Friday, August 16 at the Imperial Country Club. 7:00 am MDT registration, 8:00 am start. 3 man scramble. Register at email@example.com or by calling the office. There is a $10 per person discount for registering in advance.
Philippine Trade Team visits Nebraska
A group of 6 milling representatives from the Philippines spent two days in Nebraska learning about wheat research and production. The Philippines are one of the largest importers of U.S. wheat. Nebraska was the team’s final stop after visiting Washington, Idaho and Oregon.
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2018 wheat variety testing and fall seed guide.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Learn more about pest management in wheat here.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery