Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Call for FY 2019-2020 funding proposals
NWB is now accepting RFP applications for project funding during the 2019-2020 fiscal year. Applications should be completed electronically and submitted in PDF format to email@example.com by 5:00 pm CST Friday, February 15, 2019. FY 2019/2020 RFP
Two Nebraska Farmers selected as winners in National Wheat Yield Contest
Brian Schafer and Brock Terrell both placed in the National Wheat Foundation’s National Wheat Yield Contest this year. Schafer placed 4th in the dryland spring wheat category with a field in Hayes County. Terrell placed 4th in the irrigated winter wheat category with a field in Sheridan County. More details on the contest and other winners is available on the National Wheat Foundation site.
Tyson Narjes appointed to Nebraska Wheat Board
Tyson Narjes of Sidney was recently appointed by Governor Pete Ricketts as the NWB District 2 director. Narjes is a 5th generation farmer and will serve a five-year term that will conclude June 30, 2023.
Market Facilitation Program
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2018 wheat variety testing and fall seed guide.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Learn more about pest management in wheat here.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat