Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Wheat Variety Trial Data
UNL has released information on the 2018 wheat variety trials. It’s available on CropWatch.
Board elects new chair and vice chair
Bob Delsing of Hemingford was recently elected chair of NWB. Mark Knobel of Fairbury was elected vice chair. Additional information on the decision and Delsing and Knobel can be found in the media release: Delsing and Knobel elected Chair and Vicechair of Nebraska Wheat Board.
Husker Genetics: building a strong foundation
This feature story explains the role of Husker Genetics in supporting the wheat industry and research in the state of Nebraska. Husker Genetics building a strong foundation
Harvest reports are complete. The weekly crop report will resume again with the start of wheat planting in Nebraska.
Philippine Trade Team visits Nebraska
A group of 6 milling representatives from the Philippines spent two days in Nebraska learning about wheat research and production. The Philippines are one of the largest importers of U.S. wheat. Nebraska was the team’s final stop after visiting Washington, Idaho and Oregon.
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2018 wheat variety testing and fall seed guide.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Learn more about pest management in wheat here.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat