Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Philippine Trade Team visits Nebraska
A group of 6 milling representatives from the Philippines spent two days in Nebraska learning about wheat research and production. The Philippines are one of the largest importers of U.S. wheat. Nebraska was the team’s final stop after visiting Washington, Idaho and Oregon.
Harvest reports throughout the state. Nebraska Wheat crop report 07-15-19
National Festival of Breads
The NWGA Mobile Baking Lab participated in the National Festival of Breads with Kansas Wheat in Manhattan, KS over the weekend. Volunteers baked 300 loaves of bread, shared fresh samples with festival goers, gave a full loaf gift to all attending military families, provided a hand mill and threshing machine as educational activities for children, and raised $200 for the local food pantry.
The 2018-2019 variety survey for Nebraska wheat planting is now available. Data in this report is courtesy of Nebraska Crop Improvement and the Wheat Quality Council. new 2018-2019 variety survey booklet
FY 2017-2018 annual report
An annual report detailing board activities and funded projects in FY 17-18 is available. Annual Report FY 17-18
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2018 wheat variety testing and fall seed guide.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Learn more about pest management in wheat here.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery