Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Wheat conditions across the state look good. Soil moisture levels are adequate, but the crop is behind in some areas. More details available in this week’s crop report: Nebraska Wheat crop report 05-12-19
NWB announces May budget meeting
NWB will meet Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at the Mid Plains Community College — North Campus in North Platte. The meeting will begin at 8:00 a.m and run through 4:30 p.m. CST. The meeting will include a second-reading of funding proposals for FY 19-20. An executive session will also occur during this meeting. Those interested in additional information may view the meeting announcement or contact the NWB office for a copy of the detailed agenda.
While most acres of wheat in Nebraska were not affected by the recent flooding, many farmers, ranchers, and community members lost everything. Those interested in assisting Nebraskans affected by flooding can find more info with the Nebraska Farm Bureau or donate to their disaster relief fund.
FY 2017-2018 annual report
An annual report detailing board activities and funded projects in FY 17-18 is available. Annual Report FY 17-18
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2018 wheat variety testing and fall seed guide.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Learn more about pest management in wheat here.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery