Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Celebrate Bake & Take
March is Bake & Take month. Celebrate by making a wheat treat and sharing it with someone in your community. Use the opportunity to talk about wheat, agriculture, and ag education. NWB has free Bake & Take stickers and recipe cards available for anyone who would like them. Just contact our office. The provided digital copy of the recipe card can be printed and is free for use by anyone. 2019 Bake & Take cards for print
NWB announces spring budget meeting
NWB will hold its next meeting March 13-14, 2019 in Lincoln. The meeting will be held in conjunction with Bake & Take. This meeting will include a first reading of funding proposals for FY 19-20. Those interested in a detailed agenda may contact the office. NWB announces spring budget meeting
Two Nebraska Farmers selected as winners in National Wheat Yield Contest
Brian Schafer and Brock Terrell both placed in the National Wheat Foundation’s National Wheat Yield Contest this year. Schafer placed 4th in the dryland spring wheat category with a field in Hayes County. Terrell placed 4th in the irrigated winter wheat category with a field in Sheridan County. More details on the contest and other winners is available on the National Wheat Foundation site.
Market Facilitation Program
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2018 wheat variety testing and fall seed guide.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Learn more about pest management in wheat here.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery