Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat News and Updates
Baking Lab at Chase County Fair
NWGA will have a booth present at the Chase County Fair Expo August 16-18. Free cookies will be served from 3-7:30 pm MDT out of the Mobile Baking Lab. Hands-on activities for kids and information on wheat varieties and planting season will also be available. Those interested in volunteering (NWGA will provide meals the day of and reimburse volunteer mileage) should contact the office at 402-471-2358 or email@example.com.
NWGA Golf Tournament
The NWGA golf tournament will be held Friday, August 17 at the Imperial Country Club. A 3-man scramble, registration will begin a 7 am MDT and shotgun start at 8am. $150 for pre-registered teams (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or $180 registration day of. Fee includes 18 holes of golf, golf cart, 1 mulligan/person, drink ticket and lunch.
The Nebraska Wheat Crop and harvest report for 7-31-18 can be viewed here: Nebraska Wheat crop report 07-31-18
National wheat statement on trade tariffs and $12 billion aid package
Half of Nebraska wheat and half of the U.S. wheat crop is exported annually. U.S. wheat producers depend on trade. Both the National Association of Wheat Growers and U.S. Wheat Associates issued a statement regarding the announcement of $12 billion in aid to U.S. farmers in response to farm losses due to the tariffs. That statement can be found here.
100+ years of quality development — Nebraska Crop Improvement Association
For more than 100 years, the Nebraska Crop Insurance Association has been promoting and guaranteeing the quality of seed for producers across the state. Learn more about this pivotal organization in the newest of the NWB production partners features: 100+ years of quality development – Nebraska Crop Improvement Association
UNL News and Updates
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2016 Winter Wheat Variety Trials.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.
Visit our video gallery
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat